Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lapot

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 6, 2020
Hello everybody!
Bought iMac 2020 / i7 / 512Gb / 8Gb / 5700 8Gb
Bought immediately additional RAM 2*16 Samsung
And to install Win 10-SSD Samsung T7 1Tb
Now the most interesting part:
I put Win 10 Pro on an external SSD Samsung T7, but did not connect Wi-Fi, speakers, microphone, camera, Bluetooth

I tried probably all the options for installing drivers, but nothing comes out.
Who struggled with this problem?

tyc0746

macrumors 6502
Apr 3, 2019
Liverpool, UK
What do you actually mean by “I tried probably all the options for installing drivers,”?

Did you just try to get Windows to find the drivers, or did you actually try installing the Apple-supplied Bootcamp drivers?

lapot

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 6, 2020
before installing Windows, I did through the "Boot Camp Assistant" Downloaded "Windows support SOFTWARE" and then-a USB flash drive to save. When Windows was installed, I started Windows support and all the drivers were installed. But the Wi-Fi, bluetooth, sound, and video camera didn't work. Everything else works perfectly. I tried to update via Apple Software Update, but he wrote that the latest SOFTWARE was installed . Then I tried to find the drivers myself on Broadcom sites for the 4364b3 model and other sites, but I didn't find anything

tyc0746

macrumors 6502
Apr 3, 2019
Liverpool, UK
It sounds like you followed the same process as me, but mine is using the internal SSD and everything is working fine (mine just says Broadcom 802.11ac 4364, no b3 though).

Looking at the drivers installed on mine, there's some for 4364r3 and 4364r4 - but no 4364b3

If these devices are not showing in Device Manager, then I'd run the Bootcamp drivers software again. If they are, then I'd remove them and re-install them.

lapot

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 6, 2020
I got tired of searching and put Windows via Bootcamp on an internal SSD drive. Allocated it 71 Gb for the system. Samsung T7 external SSD formatted for shared storage. Windows via Bootcamp on the internal SSD drive was installed in 10 minutes and absolutely everything works ))) I will try to work like this, if there is not enough space, I will transfer Windows to an external SSD drive Samsung T7

Lankyman

macrumors 68020
May 14, 2011
U.K.
From reading I have done putting Windows on an external SSD is more involved than using BC drivers.

ked188

macrumors newbie
Jul 6, 2013
Try installing Windows via Bootcamp on the internal drive then when it works correctly cloan it to the Exfat formatted external SSD. you can then either keep the internal windows install as a backup for the external or delete the windows partition using bootcamp uninstall.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.