Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bentley100

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 8, 2022
Hi, I got this iMac to fix and I have been having a really hard time. When I plug it in led 1 blinks twice but never fully turns on, it only does this when I plug it in then it imminently stops. The PSU does make a slight buzzing noise but nothing noticeable. I have replaced the PSU with a newly bought one from eBay. I have already also tried different RAM. Here is a video of what happens when i plug it in.

Bentley100

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 8, 2022
Sorry about that video, I was just trying to show off Led 1 blinking but had terrible lighting. I have disconnected everything but still no luck, should I take the GPU out and test without it?

Bentley100

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 8, 2022
i have narrowed it down to the eBay seller selling me a faulty PSU. I did take the graphics card out but there was still no difference. currently working on refunding the PSU and getting a new one. I will update you when i get another psu.

w.sanjaya83

macrumors newbie
Nov 3, 2022
Semarang
Hi.. I think we have same issue. Mine 27" 2011 iMac just got GPU Card in and out for several times, then it completely dead. Only the first LED blink at once, then its off; no signs of life.

But just now I'm curious about something after digging some information. I found out then CPU if unplug, the first LED turned on. But when I put it back, the first LED shuts off again.

It seems like I dont tell the whole story how it become like that. But maybe my comments give you a hint. It might be dead processor, or some short around the CPU area. Hope it helps.

Reactions: Nguyen Duc Hieu
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.