Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

KTK1990

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 26, 2008
Hello,

I have an iPhone 14 pro max running iOS 16 connected to a 2021 16" MacBook Pro. When I plug my phone in to import the pictures I've noticed that the times are all off by one hour for every photo. Is there any way to fix this?

Both devices have the same current time, both are set to auto locate the timezone and are in the same timezone. When I select the photo in the photos app on iOS it shows it was taken at 7:00:08 AM, but when I import it via image capture it shows it was taken at 8:00:08 AM. When I view the photo in Finder or the photos app on my Mac it shows the time from image capture at 8:00:08 AM.

Reactions: help2020

TomasHo

macrumors newbie
Aug 5, 2023
Hi, I have exactly the same issue, Macbook Pro M1 2021 on Ventura 13.5, paired with iphone 8 with ios 16.6. I just noticed this weirdness and I suspect it has to do with ios update 16.6.

Luckily, exif data is not affected, so Photos on Mac still sees the correct 'taken on' time of the photo, and the correct time is also shown in the phone. However, image capture happily enters a 'modified on' time at +1 hour, even if it is into the future...

So once again image capture was messed up, probably to force us to go to photos?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.