Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Newmacer2

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 14, 2009
Denver Colorado
Just tried using Image Capture to get pics off my iPhone to my iMac. It no longer recognizes my iPhone. Since it has always worked before, I'm assuming I'm dealing with another "Improvement" from the last IOS update? I don't like DropBox or the other Mac program that replaced iPhoto. That's why I used Image Capture. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Jessica Lares

macrumors G3
Oct 31, 2009
Near Dallas, Texas, USA
Restart the Mac. Sometimes that's all it takes (had to do this recently because iTunes wouldn't find it). I used it two days ago without a problem, that's how I've always gotten photos off my iPhone.

And I'm going to assume you already know about how it works when the device has a passcode because it pops up a message telling you.

Newmacer2

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 14, 2009
Denver Colorado
Restart the Mac. Sometimes that's all it takes (had to do this recently because iTunes wouldn't find it). I used it two days ago without a problem, that's how I've always gotten photos off my iPhone.

And I'm going to assume you already know about how it works when the device has a passcode because it pops up a message telling you.
[doublepost=1483408023][/doublepost]Thanks, but I always "reboot" before I start looking for help. It didn't help. Yes, my phone password was entered and my phone operating as it should.
Thanks for your reply though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.