Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mariahlullaby

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 19, 2005
NYC
Hey guys,

Remember that realtor I said I was going to do some work for (I asked for some help on asking what to charge...and thanks again by the way!). Well, he seemed to like what I did and I am on my fourth project for him. I need to create a map of local counties with links to information pages (making an image map, etc. itself will be simple). It is creating the actual map that I'm looking for some suggestions (when I say map, I mean an actual map of the area, not an image map). It will be very simple map, just showing a few cities in target counties, borders, a few major high ways -- something elegant and simple.

I am working in Image Ready and Fireworks (trial versions) to create the map but I'm wondering if any of you guys had any input on what way to go with this map. I have done very little vector work (i.e. drawing an image from scratch) so a lot is new to me.

Thanks!!

Maggie

mnkeybsness

macrumors 68030
Jun 25, 2001
Moneyapolis, Minnesota
I've generally made small maps of nearby streets and buildings with Illustrator. I take an actual map of the area, scan it, and then draw my map over the original. That way you can depict only the items necessary. When you are all done, remove the scanned map.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.