Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mac'nCheese

Suspended
Original poster
Feb 9, 2010
When using turn by turn directions in iMaps, my iphone 5S used to break into what ever I had on my radio to give me directions. It would also be heard through the car speakers when the radio was off. Now, my iPhone 6 can only be heard if the radio is on and tuned to bluetooth mode. I can't find the setting to turn HFP on (I think it was were the voice control setting -iPhone or handsfree- on the old phone). Does anyone know where it is on the new phone/iOS? Thanks.

sakau2007

macrumors 6502
Oct 12, 2011
When using turn by turn directions in iMaps, my iphone 5S used to break into what ever I had on my radio to give me directions. It would also be heard through the car speakers when the radio was off. Now, my iPhone 6 can only be heard if the radio is on and tuned to bluetooth mode. I can't find the setting to turn HFP on (I think it was were the voice control setting -iPhone or handsfree- on the old phone). Does anyone know where it is on the new phone/iOS? Thanks.

Sorry I do not have the answer to your question. Just for clarification, when you say iMaps, are you referencing Apple's Maps App?

Out of sheer curiosity, what results do you get when using Google Maps?

Mac'nCheese

Suspended
Original poster
Feb 9, 2010
Sorry I do not have the answer to your question. Just for clarification, when you say iMaps, are you referencing Apple's Maps App?

Out of sheer curiosity, what results do you get when using Google Maps?

Yes, I meant the maps app. I don't have google maps on my phone. I keep forgetting to try navigon which I also have and would interrupt the radio on the old phone.

sakau2007

macrumors 6502
Oct 12, 2011
Yes, I meant the maps app. I don't have google maps on my phone. I keep forgetting to try navigon which I also have and would interrupt the radio on the old phone.

Try navigon and google maps and report back with the results.

If many people are reporting this, then it does sound like a big that should be corrected.

Mac'nCheese

Suspended
Original poster
Feb 9, 2010
Try navigon and google maps and report back with the results.

If many people are reporting this, then it does sound like a big that should be corrected.

I don't have google maps but navigon worked correctly with my car today. It talked over the radio and gave me the directions. So something is wrong with maps, I think. I keep googling this and posting here and on apple's page...no one other than you wrote back. Can I be the only one with this issue? I can't imagine that my one phone works with one gps app and not the other....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.