Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

white4s

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 15, 2011
New Jersey
Anyone really use these? I don't really see the point at least with the ones I've enabled to see what they do.

tarsins

macrumors 65816
Sep 15, 2009
Wales
I imagine a lot of people do use them, just like the Stocks App which I’ve never used but I know a lot of people who swear by it.

akash.nu

macrumors G4
May 26, 2016
Yep I use them everyday. In fact a few of them. I find them to be really convenient.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Yep I use them everyday. In fact a few of them. I find them to be really convenient.
Aside from some image/sticker ones (that are basically just for fun), what are some useful ones from your use/experience, out of curiosity?

Reactions: white4s

akash.nu

macrumors G4
May 26, 2016
Aside from some image/sticker ones (that are basically just for fun), what are some useful ones from your use/experience, out of curiosity?

Some of the apps I use on a regular basis -
- Apple Music
- Spotify
- Airbnb
- Starbucks
- Bitmoji
- Gallery
- #images
- Google maps
- YouTube

white4s

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 15, 2011
New Jersey
Like with youtube all it does is show your history, literally nothing else so why not just use the app itself?

They all just seem to be more of a widget operation rather than app extension.

Reactions: EM2013

akash.nu

macrumors G4
May 26, 2016
Like with youtube all it does is show your history, literally nothing else so why not just use the app itself?

They all just seem to be more of a widget operation rather than app extension.

It really depends on individual developers what they want to put in the iMessage extension. You don’t want full fledged functionality in the iMessage apps anyway. They’re supposed to be for quick and convenient access to data for sharing purpose rather than replacing the standalone apps.

Ps. You forgot to mention the biggest feature of the app. Search.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.