Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

westvik1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 25, 2012
My iMessage constantly asks for my talk.google.com-password again and again, i have checked that it's the right password and e-mail, but it just says; Messages can't log on to *********@hotmail.no because the log in-ID or password is wrong ( maybe wrong translated but something like that )
please help...

bellboy1982

macrumors member
Aug 6, 2012
Scotland
My iMessage constantly asks for my talk.google.com-password again and again, i have checked that it's the right password and e-mail, but it just says; Messages can't log on to *********@hotmail.no because the log in-ID or password is wrong ( maybe wrong translated but something like that )
please help...

I'm also getting this error. Does anyone have a fix for this?

Thanks

markban55

macrumors newbie
Apr 10, 2013
Google Talk Password in iMessage

I, too, had this same problem until I did the following:

1. Sign in to your Google account
2. Go to "Authorized Access to your Google Account" page. Lower down on that same page you will find "Authorized Access to your Google Account". There is a tutorial there to watch if needed.
3. In the box provided type a description of the application, e.g., "Google Talk on my iMac" and then click on "Generate Password"
4. It will then generate for you a password that you copy and paste into iMessage. It is a one-time password that you don't have to remember and can be revoked if you want to set things up differently in the future!

This solved the problem for me. Hope this helps! :)

pzdanie

macrumors newbie
Dec 5, 2014
India
Enable - Access for less secure apps

Under google account settings, select security setting tab and Enable the "Access for less secure apps" option. This solved the same issue.

Rodan52

macrumors 6502
The above will not work if you have Two Step Verification on.
Go to My Account > Sign in and Security > Password and Sign in Method > App Passwords. You will see the apps that already have unique passwords and at the bottom a "Select App" on my "Select Device" fill these in e.g. "iMessage" on my "iMac" and click generate. You will get a one time unique password fo iMessage. Copy and paste it where your @google.com password is required an bingo! Your done.

iusetheinternet

macrumors newbie
Oct 10, 2017
please help...

I just attempted this. Google is blocking the sign-in attempt. They sent me an email with instructions.

Google.com > Click Your Icon > My Account > Sign-In & Security > Allow less secure apps > ON

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.