Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jrdatrackstar1223

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 31, 2017
Brownsburg, IN
I use to be able type people's name and their contact information would appear in the keyboard word suggestions (i.e. "Jason's number is" would pop up). I can't remember when it started breaking, but there are maybe 4 or 5 contacts it still works for but for no one else (I have around 917 contacts). Is anyone experiencing this and do you know how to fix this? I've found that if I create a brand new contact and try to use it it works immediately so I'm assuming the majority of my contacts are corrupted or something?

Reactions: orbital~debris

jrdatrackstar1223

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 31, 2017
Brownsburg, IN
This sounds like an interesting use of predictive text! Hadn't thought of doing that, can see how it could be efficient.
Sorry it's no longer working for you.

Yea it really is a bummer. Luckily I’ve made apple aware of it and they said there is an active ticket on it. It’ll probably take a while for them to fix it but I did give them steps and things I’ve tried to narrow down the issue, of which the rep said helps greatly.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.