Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

csadangi

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 20, 2017
Canada
After updating to MacOS Sonoma, my imessage display is messed up. I can see the incoming messages properly (on the left), but the messages I have sent are cutting off (on the right). Any one facing same issue and any fix?
Screenshot 2023-09-30 at 10.06.39.png

CuteBaby

macrumors member
Jan 2, 2010
I have seen this happen from time to time on Sonoma. When this happens, simply quit Messages, then reopen it again, and the Messages window will be back to normal.

Ryo@ryomac

macrumors member
Jan 31, 2020
Japan
I think it's the same in my environment.
The width of the window during a group chat on iMessage is inappropriate and the right side is cut off.
Once you switch to the message screen of another normal two-person chat and then switch back, it will be displayed properly.

csadangi

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 20, 2017
Canada
I tried all the measures that you mentioned, but its not a permanent fix. It goes back to the skewed up stage after some time. Any permanent fix?

CuteBaby

macrumors member
Jan 2, 2010
I tried all the measures that you mentioned, but its not a permanent fix. It goes back to the skewed up stage after some time. Any permanent fix?
We will have to wait for a future macOS update for a permanent fix. We can only perform temporary fixes at this time.

Reactions: csadangi
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.