Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Pug72

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 18, 2012
England
Had problems with my carrier account where no sim, physical or eSim would work on any phone. Finally was fixed their end last night but now iMessage and FaceTime will not verify my number. Can still use with email addresses but need to be able send from my mobile number.

Tried countless troubleshooting methods from restarting, airplane mode on/off, reseting network settings, turning iMessage/FaceTime on/off, signing out of AppleID, etc., etc.

Any ideas or is it my carrier needs to sort?

Kingrusso

macrumors newbie
Sep 22, 2023
IMG_0014.jpeg
Same here on ios 17.02 15 Pro Max
I have this issue now for over 3 weeks.
I had it on 16.2-16.7 on 14 Pro Max. Yesterday I bought 15 Pro Max and still cant use verify my number.

C7 POWER

macrumors 68000
Apr 10, 2015
Charlotte, NC
Any resolutions? I changed carriers last night and my 15 PM and my wife’s 13 Pro both get this message now even though our numbers stayed the same

Attachments

• IMG_0741.jpeg
    IMG_0741.jpeg
    125.3 KB · Views: 24

Kingrusso

macrumors newbie
Sep 22, 2023
Any resolutions? I changed carriers last night and my 15 PM and my wife’s 13 Pro both get this message now even though our numbers stayed the same
Hi, yes it was issue with the carrier. I went to another another one and issue resovled right away!

C7 POWER

macrumors 68000
Apr 10, 2015
Charlotte, NC
Hi, yes it was issue with the carrier. I went to another another one and issue resovled right away!
I actually turned iMessage off, went back in and it had me delete the old profile and when I turned iMessage back on, it was fixed. It just had to delete the old profile. Was a 10 second fix :)

Kingrusso

macrumors newbie
Sep 22, 2023
Good th it worked for you, we had different error messages anyway. In my case the provider had an issue with the phone numbers that started with “6” . Yet they did not tell me about. Heard it from DHL once I did not recieve any message from them when I was expecting packages. Once I switched to another local provider my imessage and facetime registered immediatly

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.