Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Suspicious

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 11, 2018
Very sensitive/ cheating evidence chat seen on husbands phone which was denied. Is there anyway an iChat can appear on 'your 'phone that you had not been part of. I.e. Can an iMessage appear on your phone that you had not sent? I have a screenshot

Recognition

macrumors 6502a
Jun 27, 2013
If he’s been added to an iMessage group chat, all messages will be sent to his phone too even if he doesn’t participate in the chat.
I believe messages sent by him will be in a blue bubble, all other participants will be in grey bubbles with their names/contact pic next to it.

Suspicious

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 11, 2018
If he’s been added to an iMessage group chat, all messages will be sent to his phone too even if he doesn’t participate in the chat.
I believe messages sent by him will be in a blue bubble, all other participants will be in grey bubbles with their names/contact pic next to it.
Sadly not. Just message between him, green bubble and her, grey. 5 in total. No other parties
[doublepost=1518374607][/doublepost]Apparently a glitch and could not explain why it was on his phone. Recipient denied chatting. Phone billing not set up for itemised billing on included calls. Sounds like Dr Foster series 3 doesn't it.

Recognition

macrumors 6502a
Jun 27, 2013
Oh dear, yes green bubble is sms text message, I don’t think those can be in a group chat. Just person to person.

I may be wrong though, just going by my knowledge of messaging so please don’t take my word as fact.

I hope you can sort it out and get to the bottom of it.

Best of luck.

Krayzkat

Suspended
Apr 22, 2011
So you’ve found messages between 2 people who both deny sending them, instead blaming some kind of glitch?

Even if there was some kind of ‘glitch’, any message would probably just be mumbo-jumbo.

The chances of sending a glitched mumbo-jumbo message saying “fancy a ****?” and then receiving another glitched mumbo-jumbo message saying “she’s at her mothers tomorrow night...”, is I would imagine quite low.

*Please note that I haven’t actually worked out any probability*

Suspicious

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 11, 2018
Oh dear, yes green bubble is sms text message, I don’t think those can be in a group chat. Just person to person.

I may be wrong though, just going by my knowledge of messaging so please don’t take my word as fact.

I hope you can sort it out and get to the bottom of it.

Best of luck.
Thank you. Very kind of you to have answered.

Recognition

macrumors 6502a
Jun 27, 2013
SMS can be group chat. I have been a part of such before albeit I did not initiate.

Is your husband part of any group (or was he) that occasionally talk back and forth?
Just looked here:

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT202724

Under Group SMS it says,

Group SMS
These messages also appear in green text bubbles and go through your carrier. Group SMS messages don’t support multimedia attachments, like photos or videos. All responses in a Group SMS are sent as individual text messages and the recipients can’t see the other responses from the group.”

However MMS messages can show other responses from participants in a group chat...

OP, You’ll need to find out if the texts were sent as SMS or MMS to be totally sure it wasn’t part of a group chat that got disbanded.
I’m not sure how to do that without itemised billing.

Suspicious

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 11, 2018
Just looked here:

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT202724

Under Group SMS it says,

Group SMS
These messages also appear in green text bubbles and go through your carrier. Group SMS messages don’t support multimedia attachments, like photos or videos. All responses in a Group SMS are sent as individual text messages and the recipients can’t see the other responses from the group.”

However MMS messages can show other responses from participants in a group chat...

OP, You’ll need to find out if the texts were sent as SMS or MMS to be totally sure it wasn’t part of a group chat that got disbanded.
I’m not sure how to do that without itemised billing.
Thanks. Really appreciate all your input. I'm mot very techy and wanted to start with a fair reaction and not immediately assume guilty before proven innocent. Seems unlikely it is a glitch though. X
I hope for your sake there is nothing nefarious going on. Good luck.
tjamk you. Wish me luck. 22 happy years of marriage is a lot to say goodbye to

Reactions: Recognition

Apple_Robert

Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
In the middle of several books.
Thanks. Really appreciate all your input. I'm mot very techy and wanted to start with a fair reaction and not immediately assume guilty before proven innocent. Seems unlikely it is a glitch though. X

tjamk you. Wish me luck. 22 happy years of marriage is a lot to say goodbye to
That it is. I appreciate the fact that you are not jumping the gun and doing your best to get a stiff upper chin. Listen to your gut. If that still small voice inside you is talking loudly, do what you can to investigate the truth. I think you have the right to want to know the truth, whatever it may be.

Suspicious

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 11, 2018
That it is. I appreciate the fact that you are not jumping the gun and doing your best to get a stiff upper chin. Listen to your gut. If that still small voice inside you is talking loudly, do what you can to investigate the truth. I think you have the right to want to know the truth, whatever it may be.
I have another question if you don't mind me still asking?? Husband says that maybe his SIM card was removed by a colleague and replaced by their own and message sent as a joke. Surely not possible unless they have his Apple ID and or password??

Apple_Robert

Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
In the middle of several books.
I have another question if you don't mind me still asking?? Husband says that maybe his SIM card was removed by a colleague and replaced by their own and message sent as a joke. Surely not possible unless they have his Apple ID and or password??
Given that this is SMS on his phone and account, I would say your husband is throwing items at the wall and hoping something sticks.

I agree with you. Not possble without the right info. And even then it would be a lot of work.

I am not buying what your husband is trying to sell and neither should you.

Suspicious

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 11, 2018
Thanks. Feels like a stupid question now that I am asking it. Amazing how gullible an intelligent person. Am be Shen they don't want to believe the truth. Thanks so much for taking the time to reply. You are s very kind person. I shall leave you in peace. ☺️

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.