Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LiE_

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 23, 2013
UK
Noticed that after upgrading I couldn't send iMessages to contacts via iMessage. I got an error that the number isn't registered with iMessage. Turns out that all numbers now need the country code e.g +44. As soon as I updated the contact to +44 it started working again. Never had this issue before.

Now I have to update my entire address book to change the number format.

chama98

macrumors 6502
Feb 13, 2014
London
Noticed that after upgrading I couldn't send iMessages to contacts via iMessage. I got an error that the number isn't registered with iMessage. Turns out that all numbers now need the country code e.g +44. As soon as I updated the contact to +44 it started working again. Never had this issue before.

Now I have to update my entire address book to change the number format.

I have had the same issue. I spoke to Apple support in the U.K. and Apple engineering have said that it is a problem with iCloud trying to distinguish between numbers starting 07 and +447. It’s an on going issue. I had this when I started the beta. In the end I got so fed up with it I decided to come off the beta.

The issues will be fixed but in the meantime we just have to sit tight.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.