Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Confuzzeled23

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 27, 2009
Hi everyone!

I have enabled iMessage in the cloud. The only issue I have been having is that the messages do not stay in sync between my iPhone and MacBook Pro. Before enabling iMessage in the cloud if I were to use my phone for a week without getting on my computer... I would turn on my computer and all my messages would slowly come in and all also be on my Mac. However, now with iMessage in the cloud enabled when I turn my mac for the first time a couple days, I only get the last 5-10 messages and then never get the rest... so I am missing parts of conversations etc on my MacBook.

Is this the intended operation or is there a glitch?

I have tried going into messages preferences on the MacBook and clicking "sync now", however it doesn't solve the issue.

If anyone has any input I would greatly appreciate it!

GDF

macrumors 65816
Jun 7, 2010
I am having a similar issue, as it was working fine syching messages across devices. When I deleted a message on my iphone it would delete on all my devices, but for some reason in the last couple days, it stopped working. Can't figure out why.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.