Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Fall Out Ben

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 2, 2018
Hey,

my iMessages where a really mess over the last few years. Every device has shown multiple duplicate conversations etc...

So my plan was to make the iPhone the "master". I downloaded 11.4 on it and enabled iMessage in iCloud. Then I downloaded the Updates for my iPad and the MacBook. I deleted all messages before turning on the new feature.

The Problem is, that both of the devices won't download the full conversation list of my iPhone! They have different messages and sometimes super old ones instead of the ones written yesterday... But the new ones get synced.

I've tried everything from deactivating on all devices to force download it on the MacBook by clicking the start sync button...

I hope you can help me!

Brookzy

macrumors 601
May 30, 2010
UK
Give it time. The initial sync will take a while and will only complete when connected to power.

I deleted all messages before turning on the new feature.
This could have complicated things. There is no need to delete any messages before enabling - the messages will all sync up so everything is everywhere.

Fall Out Ben

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 2, 2018
Give it time. The initial sync will take a while and will only complete when connected to power.

This could have complicated things. There is no need to delete any messages before enabling - the messages will all sync up so everything is everywhere.

Hi, thanks for your reply!

Meanwhile I got an answer from Apple. It‘s a known bug that the software engineers are looking into. According to Apple my iCloud isn‘t uploading iMessages properly.

The Support will call me back on monday and tell me more.

atlchamp

macrumors 68020
Jun 19, 2012
Atlanta
Hi, thanks for your reply!

Meanwhile I got an answer from Apple. It‘s a known bug that the software engineers are looking into. According to Apple my iCloud isn‘t uploading iMessages properly.

The Support will call me back on monday and tell me more.
what did they say?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.