Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mac7

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 14, 2009
Anyone else have this? Haven't seen it being mentioned anywhere and didn't notice it in Mavericks either.

Can it be removed?

Screen Shot 2014-06-04 at 11.56.18 PM.png

imacken

macrumors 65816
Feb 28, 2010
You'll find there is an option. Did you actually look??

Probably no need for rudeness there. The options you are talking about (in your screen grab) only show when you have Bonjour active. If it's not, then they don't, so philMBP is probably correct.

Rudy69

macrumors 6502a
Mar 30, 2009
Probably no need for rudeness there. The options you are talking about (in your screen grab) only show when you have Bonjour active. If it's not, then they don't, so philMBP is probably correct.

I don't have Bonjour enabled and there's no option for the menubar. I did manage to get rid of it with cmd, but if I wanted it back I guess I would need to enable Bonjour

macrumors 68040
Dec 16, 2011
It seems as though the current iMessage build as a bug that always displays the status icon, regardless of what accounts are enabled. I too had that icon, with iMessage as the only activated account. It's not a big deal though, just hold command and drag the icon off.

bbfc

macrumors 68040
Oct 22, 2011
Newcastle, England.
It seems as though the current iMessage build as a bug that always displays the status icon, regardless of what accounts are enabled. I too had that icon, with iMessage as the only activated account. It's not a big deal though, just hold command and drag the icon off.

I can turn the icon on/off with the option in preferences.

----------

Well i didn't know you had Bonjour disabled. The option is usually there and someone as me if I had actually tested it with 10.10, which I had.

I apologise if it was a rude response.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.