Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

a643

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 27, 2012
Hello all!

So here's the issue: I'd like iMessages to send from my phone number instead of my email (which it is currently defaulting to).

However, when I go into settings, there is absolutely no option to pick my phone number. It's not grayed out or anything; it's just simply not there.

Here's a screenshot of what the "Send and Receive" screen looks like.

IMG_0981 copy.png

Help?

Syndicate0017

macrumors 6502
May 3, 2013
Do you have a valid sim? Your carrier logo isn't showing. If your phone has no phone number attached, you will only be able to send from an Apple ID.

If this is on your iPad/iPod, then make sure your Apple ID is signed into iMessage on the device with the phone number you are trying to send from.

a643

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 27, 2012
Do you have a valid sim? Your carrier logo isn't showing. If your phone has no phone number attached, you will only be able to send from an Apple ID.

If this is on your iPad/iPod, then make sure your Apple ID is signed into iMessage on the device with the phone number you are trying to send from.

The phone works fine as a phone. Sometimes it just doesn't show the carrier logo for a bit (and then it just pops back; just a glitchy thing).

It's an iPhone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.