Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Aniseedvan

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 14, 2012
UK
I only upgraded because I’d got myself a v5 Watch... wish I’d waited til Tuesday now...

Essentially I’m seeing no notification of texts/iMessages. Others such as WhatsApp are working fine.
I’ve toggled between notification preview “always” and “when unlocked” and neither makes a difference. The preview is displaying on the phone lock screen but not lighting up the screen, no tone, no vibration is happening on the phone and no notification on the watch. Going into the messages app on the watch, and the message is there.
DND is off.

Looking on a garmin forum, people are complaining of the same issue with various garmin watches which makes it sound like an iOS bug.

This is on an iPhone 8. I really hope it’s fixed in 13.1, or if there is a new setting I need to check, I’m all ears!

kmichalec

macrumors 6502a
Aug 14, 2010
Experiencing the same thing. iphone X with a 3rd Gen Watch. Upgraded the phone to iOS 13.0 on Friday, and now I’m not getting iMessage notifications on my watch. Checked my settings, and everything is as it should be. And sometimes, I don’t even get notifications of the iMessage on the phone either. I just happen to check my phone 15 minutes later, and see a message came in. No noise from the phone, the screen doesn’t light up, and my connected watch gets nothing. Very frustrating.

Reactions: Aniseedvan

Aniseedvan

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 14, 2012
UK
Well mine is now working. Only thing I’ve done is a phone reboot - which was to try and fix a disappeared skype for Business app. I still have no Skype app displayed - even though the phone thinks it’s installed, but hey message notifications are working. Might be worth rebooting your phones if you haven’t?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.