Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

-Ray-

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 2, 2011
Pennsylvania
Both my wife and I have the iPhone 12 Pro Max with iOS 14.2.1 on the At&t network. iMessage notifications do not appear to be working for some contacts, while working for fine for others.

Do not disturb mode is not set on the contact or device level. I've tried resetting all settings and deleting all text messages. I have even factory reset one of the devices. Nothing that I do seems to be working.

From what I understand it was "fixed" in iOS 14.2.1 but we are still having issues. Honestly its so severe that I may go back to my previous phone.

Taz Mangus

macrumors 604
Mar 10, 2011

Joono

macrumors newbie
Nov 22, 2020
I didn't seem to have the issue before 14.2.1 but after updating to 14.2.1, it just happened to me. Did not receive imessages on my phone but can receive them on my macbook... weird

xxBlack

macrumors 6502a
Jan 7, 2020
I have the same problem with iMessage! Sometimes I get a push notification, sometimes just the badge and sometimes nothing. I know, when my GF doesn’t reply within 1h, I go into iMessage and see that she replied. So annoying

Joono

macrumors newbie
Nov 22, 2020
I have the same problem with iMessage! Sometimes I get a push notification, sometimes just the badge and sometimes nothing. I know, when my GF doesn’t reply within 1h, I go into iMessage and see that she replied. So annoying
Exactly this....

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.