Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bearygoodfries1

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 5, 2020
Hi everyone,

I’m curious: Do many of you have iMessages active on your Macs?

I don’t know if it may be redundant to have it active on my Mac when I have my phone next to me, and messages with attachments can take up some space in the drive.

I also worry if a ”spicy” pic gets received and might show up during work LOL.

Lieuzer

macrumors newbie
Dec 4, 2020
Hi everyone,

I’m curious: Do many of you have iMessages active on your Macs?

I don’t know if it may be redundant to have it active on my Mac when I have my phone next to me, and messages with attachments can take up some space in the drive.

I also worry if a ”spicy” pic gets received and might show up during work LOL.
I find iMessage on macs to be very convenient and not redundant at all. I love being able to reply super fast (due to keyboard), structure messages properly, and reduced eye strain due to a bigger screen (more for my case).

For convenience, having iMessage active on macs is a game changer. Also, I lose focus often when my phone is around me (due to Instagram and other social media apps) so having iMessage on my Mac increases productivity and allows me to stay connected in case of emergencies (if my phone is not around).

For NSFW content, you can always just turn off iMessage notifications and still receive messages, just make sure to check your iMessage from time to time…

Anyways, I hope this helped!

ThrowerGB

macrumors regular
Jun 11, 2014
I find iMessage on macs to be very convenient and not redundant at all. I love being able to reply super fast (due to keyboard), structure messages properly, and reduced eye strain due to a bigger screen (more for my case).

For convenience, having iMessage active on macs is a game changer. Also, I lose focus often when my phone is around me (due to Instagram and other social media apps) so having iMessage on my Mac increases productivity and allows me to stay connected in case of emergencies (if my phone is not around).

For NSFW content, you can always just turn off iMessage notifications and still receive messages, just make sure to check your iMessage from time to time…

Anyways, I hope this helped!
That's the way I use it too.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.