Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

helios16v

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 1, 2008
Earth
I recently upgraded one of my beloveds to the 10.8 DP1 and started using iMessage, however I noticed straight away that it disabled it on my iPhone, and it did the same thing a while ago when I was using iMessage on my iPad..

Why can't I use iMessage on all three at once so every message sent and received is on all three devices?

It is extremely annoying to be getting random iMessages and SMS from the same person on two different devices because their iPhone doesn't know which one to keep sending me.

I just wanna have iMessage turned on for my iPhone, iPad, and MacBook Pro while they are all capable of sending messages to my iMessage contacts as well as receiving the same message on all three devices so I don't have to check all three to see which one the message sent too.

Last edited:

whoathere

macrumors 6502
Feb 8, 2006
Rockford, IL
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

I wondered about this since I will be getting the new iPad and have an iPhone 4

helios16v

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 1, 2008
Earth
I figured it out, the iPhone was using my mobile number, my iPad was using my Apple ID and my MBP was using my @me lol

I added my @me email to all of them, removed my registered Apple ID email and they all work perfect now..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.