Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rachkinsella91

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 29, 2015
If someone's blocked you on iMessage and you still message them, after they've unblocked you will there messages come through after like normal text messages do?

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012
If someone's blocked you on iMessage and you still message them, after they've unblocked you will there messages come through after like normal text messages do?

If someone with an iphone blocks you, your phone will first send an imessage and then try to send it as a normal text. That is a good way to know if you are block. What normally would send as an imessage will send as a text (green). Obviously they will still not see it.

If the person unblocks you it will send as an imessage not a text message. If you are texting someone that it usually sends as an imessage but sends as a green text there is a strong possibility you are still block.

Rachkinsella91

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 29, 2015
I've tried it with my friends phone I blocked myself on her phone which is also an iPhone. The iMessage still sent and it said delivered underneath but didn't get through to her phone. But we didn't check after when she unblocked me if the message did go through. im just wondering as I blocked someone who I didn't want to talk to but I'm afraid of unblocking them as I'm not sure if their iMessages will come through

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012
I've tried it with my friends phone I blocked myself on her phone which is also an iPhone. The iMessage still sent and it said delivered underneath but didn't get through to her phone. But we didn't check after when she unblocked me if the message did go through. im just wondering as I blocked someone who I didn't want to talk to but I'm afraid of unblocking them as I'm not sure if their iMessages will come through

oh no, it will not come through. Messages that are sent while someone is blocked do not later come through once unblocked.

ssl0408

macrumors 65816
Sep 22, 2013
New York
Once you unblock them and they iMessage you, then you will receive it. I tend to block and unblock people often so that's how it works for me.

Rachkinsella91

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 29, 2015
My other friend who doesn't have an iPhone accidentally blocked me a few months back when she was drunk lol, and we didn't know as I was sending her messages but they weren't goinng through so the next time I saw her we were trying to figure it out and she did block me somehow but after she unblocked me all the messages I had sent to her came through, so is that just a text message thing that that happens with and not iMessages?

ssl0408

macrumors 65816
Sep 22, 2013
New York
My other friend who doesn't have an iPhone accidentally blocked me a few months back when she was drunk lol, and we didn't know as I was sending her messages but they weren't goinng through so the next time I saw her we were trying to figure it out and she did block me somehow but after she unblocked me all the messages I had sent to her came through, so is that just a text message thing that that happens with and not iMessages?

That's a good question. I only have experience with iMessage. After unblocking a number, I never get the iMessages that were sent while blocked.

Rachkinsella91

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 29, 2015
Just to test it out, I unblocked a contact that's been blocked for at least six months and so far no text messages from that person.

Ok cool. It's just I wanted to know as i want to unblock this person but I'm scared I'll get bombarded with messages lol

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012
Why not just leave them blocked if you are worried old text will come through? Sounds like they need to stay blocked.

I really think that there is no way they will come through though.

Twinspin23

macrumors newbie
Jan 4, 2018
[doublepost=1515121916][/doublepost]That’s true. I’ve been blocked by an ex BF and was testing this very thing with my friend. She blocked me and i sent a text... she never received it and it remained green on my end. The minute she unblocked me ..my text appeared on her phone. So yes, I do think once the other person unblocks you, they will receive you text messages.. with both had iPhones.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
[doublepost=1515121916][/doublepost]
That’s true. I’ve been blocked by an ex BF and was testing this very thing with my friend. She blocked me and i sent a text... she never received it and it remained green on my end. The minute she unblocked me ..my text appeared on her phone. So yes, I do think once the other person unblocks you, they will receive you text messages.. with both had iPhones.
Well, if the message was green then iMessage wasn't involved.

Reactions: Vermifuge
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.