Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Wpat81

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 20, 2019
I'm having a search issue on imessage where I can no longer type in a phone number and bring up a previous conversation. My text messages are the key to income in my industry (sales) where most of our contacts text first. Not being able to search by their number is throwing me a curve ball.

Below is what I posted on the apple help forum in hopes that someone from apple would see it. No one reads those though.

I called customer support the other day and they advised waiting until 13.1 came out. It's out and it still hasn't fixed the issue I am seeing. I'm using a X.

With all previous operating systems I could simply type in a telephone number into the search bar and the conversation would pop up. Now you must know the name or something in the conversation for it to show up. This is a big issue when you have years of customers and leads in imessage and only a phone number tying them to the conversation.

Any helpful ideas? Can you search on 13.0 or 13.1 by phone number on your end? If you can it might be my device.

Any help is appreciated.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.