Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mr_Brightside_@

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Sep 23, 2005
Toronto
Hi all,

I was having an issue today where I realized that I could send text to my iMessage contacts, but photos wouldn't be delivered (though they said they were).

Did some Googling around and it turned out that my beta of TypeStatus was the culprit. It took awhile to find the cause of the issue so I just wanted to post this for others.

redbeard331

macrumors 68030
Jul 21, 2009
I've had this problem for 2 weeks now and cannot find a fix, tried everything I could think of, and I do not have TypeStatus installed..

dc52nv

macrumors member
Apr 5, 2011
I've also had this problem for weeks now and it happens when I'm on wifi or cellular network. I also don't have TypeStatus installed.

eelw

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2012
Well I've had typestatus installed for months now, never had issues with sending pics via iMessage

redbeard331

macrumors 68030
Jul 21, 2009
Do you have any other Messages tweaks installed?

Well I fixed it, decided to upgrade to 7.06 and re jailbreak to see if it fixed the problem and it did. So I installed one tweak at a time and tested MMS after each one and wasn't able to re-create the problem. I do use Couria so I thought that was the problem but I had deleted it and it didn't make a difference, using it now with no issues.

Carlanga

macrumors 604
Nov 5, 2009
Good to know for those that have said tweak installed. I do recommend you change the title of the thread :)

dc52nv

macrumors member
Apr 5, 2011
Well I fixed it, decided to upgrade to 7.06 and re jailbreak to see if it fixed the problem and it did. So I installed one tweak at a time and tested MMS after each one and wasn't able to re-create the problem. I do use Couria so I thought that was the problem but I had deleted it and it didn't make a difference, using it now with no issues.

I was hoping the 7.0.6 update would also fix my problem but no luck. I restored from a backup however instead of a new phone so I wonder if that has anything to do with it.

darricksailo

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
I was hoping the 7.0.6 update would also fix my problem but no luck. I restored from a backup however instead of a new phone so I wonder if that has anything to do with it.

Restoring as new would probably fix the problem

redbeard331

macrumors 68030
Jul 21, 2009

Installed BiteSMS 8 today and it solved my problem. :)

Weird, unfortunately the problem returned for me last night, can't figure out why, deleted all new tweaks, no luck. This is really strange, never had this kind of problem on any other OS version..:confused:

Silver Sun

macrumors newbie
Nov 4, 2011
I have the same issue.

I have previously installed TypeStatus but this is now removed, i also have Couria installed.

Really want this fixed!

Silver Sun

macrumors newbie
Nov 4, 2011
I've found that removing Type Status, re-boot, and then remove couria, then re-installing couria fixed my issue.

redbeard331

macrumors 68030
Jul 21, 2009
I've found that removing Type Status, re-boot, and then remove couria, then re-installing couria fixed my issue.

Odd, I tried removing Couria earlier today, didn't fix it. Last week I thought it was a carrier problem and had AT&T try pretty much everything and they couldn't fix it on their end. Really wish we could figure exactly what's causing this problem..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.