Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

otetzone

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 12, 2019
Today I found that iMessage stopped working all of a sudden. I was receiving red exclamation marks on attempts to send messages from my Mavericks machine. It was working just fine a couple of days ago. I tried to sign out and then sign in but couldn't sign in after I have signed out. I then removed message-protected entry in Keychain Access and tried to log in again. The wheel is spinning for 20 minutes already. I'm at lost as what to do. Needless to say, the same is going with FaceTime. Is there anything that could be done? Reinstall from the scratch? Restore from a recent backup when it still worked? Any other ideas please?

Wowfunhappy

macrumors 68000
Mar 12, 2019
I imagine you've solved this by now, but if not, the first thing I'd do is try logging into iCloud.com. Apple may have decided to make you manually unlock your account or some such.

iMessage and FaceTime are definitely still working here!

otetzone

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 12, 2019
Thanks.
I have by reinstalling from a scratch. For some reason it worked. Tried TimeMachine and CarbonCopy backups, both failed. I just decided reinstall fresh and then transfer the docs. It worked.
Wasn't an easy way though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.