Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

I Need a Drink

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 14, 2013
To those on the beta, is iMessage sync working in High Sierra? I have 3 Macs an iPhone and an iPad and this is a feature that I would really like to have as I hate having to go to all these devices to delete messages from businesses and doctors, Verizon, etc.. every time.

CaTOAGU

macrumors 6502a
Jul 15, 2008
Manchester, UK
To those on the beta, is iMessage sync working in High Sierra? I have 3 Macs an iPhone and an iPad and this is a feature that I would really like to have as I hate having to go to all these devices to delete messages from businesses and doctors, Verizon, etc.. every time.

Read/Unread status syncs as it always has but iMessage in the cloud isn't in the GM so deletes are not synced. It'll probably be 11.1 or later now. Release notes during the beta cycle stated it would appear in a later release but it's been removed from the iOS 11 info page on Apples website though so, hmmm.

Marshall73

macrumors 68030
Apr 20, 2015
They put it back, probably issues with the new database storage they are implementing for it. Looks like they are using SQLite.

EugW

macrumors G5
Jun 18, 2017
Nope no syncing in High Sierra. But hen again when it was working on before on Sierra its sync was inconsistent. Occasionally it wouldn’t sync right.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.