Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Coffee50

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 23, 2015
I recently switched carriers to T-Mobile & ported my phone # over. In the interim, I received a temporary number. Once my original number was ported over, I activated my sim, etc.

Everything is fine, however the temporary number is still listed in the Messages App (under the icon). Everything has been swapped over & its not listed in settings under cellular. The only place it still shows up is in Messages.

Does anyone have an experience or solutions on how to get rid of it? Thanks

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
I recently switched carriers to T-Mobile & ported my phone # over. In the interim, I received a temporary number. Once my original number was ported over, I activated my sim, etc.

Everything is fine, however the temporary number is still listed in the Messages App (under the icon). Everything has been swapped over & its not listed in settings under cellular. The only place it still shows up is in Messages.

Does anyone have an experience or solutions on how to get rid of it? Thanks
Just sign in to your Apple ID and remove the temp phone number.

Or you can do it on your phone.

Settings>Your Apple ID at the top>Name, Phone Numbers, Email. In the 'Reachable' section tap on the EDIT button.

Reactions: Coffee50
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.