Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kelly682

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 15, 2012
East Coast
Good Morning. So I recently upgraded to the iPhone 11 pro max. When I'm receiving messages, I'm not seeing the 3 dots on the screen where the other person is typing. Sounds stupid, but I use those little dots to make sure my elderly mom is okay. I figure if shes texting, she must be alright. Now, I'm not seeing any dots.

Is there a setting where I can turn them on, or are they a feature no longer available in IOS 13? Any help would be appreciated. TIA! :)

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
Good Morning. So I recently upgraded to the iPhone 11 pro max. When I'm receiving messages, I'm not seeing the 3 dots on the screen where the other person is typing. Sounds stupid, but I use those little dots to make sure my elderly mom is okay. I figure if shes texting, she must be alright. Now, I'm not seeing any dots.

Is there a setting where I can turn them on, or are they a feature no longer available in IOS 13? Any help would be appreciated. TIA! :)
Nothing else has changed? You're both still using iPhones?

Are you on iOS 13.0 or 13.1?

CoachMike43

macrumors member
Dec 10, 2013
I understand this isn't what you are discussing but it is an iMessage issue in 13.1 When I go to type a message I get a small white screen underneath app toolbar. Has anyone noticed or experienced that? Simple but frustrating

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 159

Klatti

macrumors member
Jun 6, 2012
Germany
I think that’s a privacy feature of iMessage. If you haven’t had contact in a while (or new phone) the three dots don’t show for privacy reasons.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.