Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

drea97

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 14, 2013
I keep getting this error pop up on iMessage says iMessage activation could not sign in. I think there is a bug on latest software version 8.1.1.

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
iMessage is working just fine on my iPad Air 2 on 8.1.1, our iPad Air on 8.1.1 and the iPad 4 on 8.1.1 that I have passed on to my Mom.

Have you tried signing out on iPad, killing iMessage and Settings in Task Switcher, rebooting and trying the sign in/activation again ?

wolfsbane58

macrumors member
Oct 16, 2014
Meridian, ID
iMessage, in general, seems to be broken. There are a huge number of users reporting that they are sending iMessages and receiving notification that the message has been delivered, but the person that you texted never receives them.

Imory

macrumors 6502a
Feb 2, 2013
Wonderland
iMessage, in general, seems to be broken. There are a huge number of users reporting that they are sending iMessages and receiving notification that the message has been delivered, but the person that you texted never receives them.

Really? Between which devices? Just randomly or only related to iOS 8?

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
I haven't many reports of that here, although Apple may be receiving some reports.

I know you have a 2nd thread but it, like this one, has only a couple posts ??

This forum is usually a good barometer of just how widespread an issue really is.

Last edited:

The Merg

macrumors member
Dec 4, 2012
iMessage

I was having major issues on my iPad 2. Somehow Message Forwarding was turned off and when I activated it again, the iPad 2 wouldn't display the code. I turned off iMessage on the iPad 2, signed out, and then it wouldn't let me reactivate it.

What finally worked was signing out of the Apple ID for iMessage, FaceTime, and iCloud. When I signed back in for iCloud, I found that iMessage and FaceTime were already signed back in and the iPad 2 displayed the code when I turned back on a Message Forwarding on my iPhone 6.

- Merg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.