Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Risco

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 22, 2010
United Kingdom
So we are now up to iOS 11.2, yet no messages in the cloud. I know Apple said that it would be coming, not having messages in the cloud is main reason I don’t like resetting my device when if it starts getting glitchy.

I am not sure what the hold up is?

Paddle1

macrumors 601
May 1, 2013
So we are now up to iOS 11.2, yet no messages in the cloud. I know Apple said that it would be coming, not having messages in the cloud is main reason I don’t like resetting my device when if it starts getting glitchy.

We don't know for sure if 11.2 will have it or not just yet.

johnmccurdy

macrumors newbie
Jul 19, 2016

Waiting for exactly the same thing. I have a 6s and since ios 11 the battery design capacity has reduced from 92% to 63%. Aside from the glitchy buggy disaster that ios 11 is, something is seriously wrong with the core code base to be wrecking batteries the way it seems to be.

Somewhat luckily my phone is a business phone with EE in the UK and one of the benefits is a replacement within 24hrs if it is faulty. They do this from the 2nd year of the contract. I want to get a replacement from them and I want to set it up from new, which I haven't done since the iPhone 4 I had (4 phones ago for me.) So God only knows what legacy crap there is on the 6s creating issues.

The only thing stopping me doing this losing all my iMessage history. As soon as it is in icloud, it will be re-started as a fresh device. I can't wait to be honest. It will be a big thing for me at least.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.