Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

job

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jan 25, 2002
in transit
Alright guys, the more I read into it, the more I get the feeling that I made a huge goof.

I have a number of files I exported into iMovie, edited, and then exported to a Quicktime file. I wanted to set these up as stand alone chapters on a DVD. However I still want them to play consecutively as well to create a complete film. For the life of me I can't find any way to set the Quicktime clips up as group to be played all the way through. I didn't export any of these together, or with chapter markers in iMovie.

In essence, I have 17 Quicktime files that need to be played one after the other on the DVD.

What am I doing wrong and what can I do to get the files to play correctly.

dejo

Moderator emeritus
Sep 2, 2004
The Centennial State
Without knowing what versions of iMovie and iDVD you have, here's what I'd do: Go back into iMovie and put all 17 clips into your timeline (hopefully using the original clips and not the exported ones), put chapter markers at the beginning of each of those 17 chapters, export into iDVD. This will ensure the iDVD plays all the chapters consecutively normally but also allows access to each chapter via scene selection.

job

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jan 25, 2002
in transit
I'm using version 4 of both. I'm a little behind haha.

The problem is, I don't have the original source DV. All I have left is the compressed Quicktime clips that I've already exported.

Nuc

macrumors 6502a
Jan 20, 2003
TN
If you have QT pro you can copy and paste the other files into the QT file. Open up a movie file and select all then paste it into the main movie file and repeat.

This seems to be a quick way to do it.

Nuc

edit: also consider upgrading to the latest iLife.

dejo

Moderator emeritus
Sep 2, 2004
The Centennial State
job said:
I'm using version 4 of both. I'm a little behind haha.

The problem is, I don't have the original source DV. All I have left is the compressed Quicktime clips that I've already exported.

That version of iMovie should be able to handle the creation of chapter markers. I'd try just re-importing the QT files into iMovie, set your chapter points, and send it over to iDVD.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.