Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mowbray

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 11, 2018
hi there,

i'm using imovie 10.1.2 on a macbook pro (2014, 2,8 GHz Intel Core i5, 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3, Intel Iris 1536 MB) and am importing 4k footage from my drone(mavic2pro).
as the macbook is apparently to slow it can't play the footage in quicktime or in imovie. frame by frame it works in vlc.
however, i can import the 4k footage into imovie but when i want to share/export the following error pops up:

"This item cannot be shared while it is still referencing media on the camera"

i'm importing from an external hard drive, not from the drone....

does anyone know how to solve the problem?

fhturner

macrumors 6502a
Nov 7, 2007
Birmingham, AL & Atlanta, GA
I think I've seen this before when helping my daughter on a project of hers. It was like iMovie (or maybe FCPX, I can't remember) wouldn't update the location of the media and kept thinking it was offline. I don't recall exactly what I did, but you might try moving or removing the media from where you've been editing it and see if you can relink it after that. Sorry I'm not more specific, but I only encountered it once.

kohlson

macrumors 68020
Apr 23, 2010
Any chance you can update to the latest version 10.1.10? 4K is a challenge for any laptop. Making sure you have the latest software can help.

mowbray

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 11, 2018
the latest version requires OSX 13 and higher. I only have 10.12.6.....
And apparently one can't get/download the versions in between like 10.1.3 or 4 that still run on my OS 12.1.6...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.