Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

e²Studios

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 12, 2005
Can i add images to a base title? Say i want a centered title but above the text a logo, is this possible in the title editor? Would i have to buy FCE HD/FCP to be able to do this?

One last question, using iMovie HD is it degrading the video quality from our Canon XL2's when it imports? I had used Pinnacle/Avid Liquid Pro/Liquid Silver before and the imports seem cleaner on it than using iMovie HD, unfortunately the person that owned the pinnacle equipment decided to leave our little venture leaving me to use my Mac to do this since i'm the only one with post/pre production editing experience (last i did it was at UCLA film school).

Thanks
Ed

LethalWolfe

macrumors G3
Jan 11, 2002
Los Angeles
Ed H said:
One last question, using iMovie HD is it degrading the video quality from our Canon XL2's when it imports? I had used Pinnacle/Avid Liquid Pro/Liquid Silver before and the imports seem cleaner on it than using iMovie HD, unfortunately the person that owned the pinnacle equipment decided to leave our little venture leaving me to use my Mac to do this since i'm the only one with post/pre production editing experience (last i did it was at UCLA film school).

Thanks
Ed

As long as you always use FW you won't get any generation loss.

Lethal

e²Studios

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 12, 2005
LethalWolfe said:
As long as you always use FW you won't get any generation loss.

Lethal

I'm using a Sony DSR-11 VTR to my Mac via FW. I tried it both ways via the camera and via the VTR and it seemed to be grainy, and had more artifacting in certain frames, I just remember getting a much cleaner image from pinnacle liquid. Should iMovie be seeing the VTR as a camera, maybe the issue is that its seeing the device incorrectly? I'm using a Dual G5 PM 2.5 with 4GB of RAM, its my home machine that work gave me (shhhhhh im not using it for non work related things :p).

Anyone have any ideas on the Title editing question?

Thanks
Ed

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.