Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DominikHoffmann

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 15, 2007
Indiana
My teenage son wants to experiment with iMovie. Where can I find the best tutorial for him to learn, especially some of the things that aren’t obvious. Either a book or a web link would do.

Thanks!

Phil in ocala

Suspended
Jul 14, 2016
It is profoundly complicated...I think as a big joke on consumers by the Geeks at Apple....they should have an online course free to tell you how to use it....they won't ....Apple software used to be intuitive....iMovie was when it was made for macs on power pc...those days are gone.

DominikHoffmann

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 15, 2007
Indiana
It is profoundly complicated...I think as a big joke on consumers by the Geeks at Apple....they should have an online course free to tell you how to use it....they won't ....Apple software used to be intuitive....iMovie was when it was made for macs on power pc...those days are gone.
Is there something you could suggest, though?

MSastre

macrumors 6502a
Aug 18, 2014
I don't think it is that complicated at all once you get a good understanding of how it works. Ripple Training will get you well grounded in using iMovie.

Phil in ocala

Suspended
Jul 14, 2016
It is .... it is designed that way....not designed for the average person....Apple Geeks used to make software that was easy to use............those days are gone....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.