Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Derrick689

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 18, 2006
i'm new to macs and this forum but not forums in general and i've tried searching, but i need some further clarification

i made a clip in imovie that i want to burn to dvd and then upload on to a website through my pc (my G5 isnt connect to the web yet)
the problem is when i did some searching around on here all i found was a bunch of video format codes that i dont understand and programs i'm pretty sure my bone stock G5 doesnt have, so i just need a more basic explanation a possible solution with what i'm working with

so i guess what i'm asking is how to convert the video format that imovie uses to what can be uploaded on this website like http://www.vidilife.com

EricNau

Moderator emeritus
Apr 27, 2005
San Francisco, CA
You could convert it into a Quicktime movie.

This was from iMovie HD help...
1.Choose File > Share.

2.Click QuickTime and choose a movie format from the pop-up menu.

3.Click the "Share selected clips only" checkbox if you only want to share clips you selected.

4.Click Share.

5.Name your movie, select a location for the file, and click Save.

rjphoto

macrumors 6502a
Mar 7, 2005
No DVD Needed

You won't need to burn a "movie" DVD to do this.

Once you follow the intructions above you can transfer the rusulting file by any means available... Key Drive, CD, DVD-ROM, network connection, etc...

The file you create doesn't need to be too big or it will be difficult to upload it and for it to play over the internet.

Do a few test with the export setting in iMovie to Quicktime.

Size, quality, bit rate.... don't be afraid to try the pull down menus. You're not going to mess up the original footage. You are creating a new file.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.