Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ssledoux

macrumors 601
Original poster
Sep 16, 2006
Down south
I'm selling off a 6th generation pad, and my friend that wants to buy it has a son who wants to use iMovie. The app is installed, so I'm just wanting to be sure iMovie will work on a 6th generation.

Apparently it won't on a 5th generation.

I know absolutely nothing about iMovie other than the app is there. ;-p

nicho

macrumors 601
Feb 15, 2008
I'm selling off a 6th generation pad, and my friend that wants to buy it has a son who wants to use iMovie. The app is installed, so I'm just wanting to be sure iMovie will work on a 6th generation.

This might seem like an obvious answer but... can't you just open it and test it?

Reactions: Trin813

ssledoux

macrumors 601
Original poster
Sep 16, 2006
Down south
This might seem like an obvious answer but... can't you just open it and test it?

LOL I guess I could, if I even knew what to do to try it. I mean it opens and lets me choose a + like I'm gonna start a new project - is that enough for me to know I can use it?

I just thought maybe someone who knows a bit about it could tell me which devices it would work on. I tried looking that information up, but just can't decipher what I'm seeing pop up in response.

ssledoux

macrumors 601
Original poster
Sep 16, 2006
Down south
Okay it appears it's not the device, but the software, as far as I can tell. If I'm wrong, please let me know.

Thanks!

Jxdawg

macrumors 6502
Dec 17, 2019
Not only can it be installed and started, but I have also used iMovie to edit various school projects on it. It’s not for anything hardcore obviously, but for someone who is okay with just a few effects and transitions it will work fine. I think of it like windows movie maker I guess.

Cancelled
Apr 16, 2020
Another way to tell if it's compatible is to open the App Store app, look up the app, and go to the Compatibility section.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.