Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bizzle79

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 1, 2011
New England
So with the typical September iPhone refresh cycle, after 12 months of payments we can upgrade to the "new" iPhone. With new iPhones rumored to be released October and November, it just crossed my mind that if Apple returns to the usual September release in 2021, many of us wont have 12 months of payments to be able to jump on the new phones at release - unless Apple makes an exception. Not horrible but slightly inconvenient to wait a month or two for those who want the latest and greatest

Just a thought

kanga1622

macrumors regular
Sep 21, 2016
Or you pay what is remaining to equate to 12 payments. Perhaps getting credit for extra payments made this year? I'm not an IUP user but there are several ways they could go with this to satisfy a majority of users.

Reactions: compwiz1202

Openworld1234

macrumors regular
Jul 22, 2019
Lucky if people actually get their phones before December due to stock issue on the Pro Max.. that only 9 months payments before the iphone 13 release..

compwiz1202

macrumors 604
May 20, 2010
Or you pay what is remaining to equate to 12 payments. Perhaps getting credit for extra payments made this year? I'm not an IUP user but there are several ways they could go with this to satisfy a majority of users.
That's what should be done is take payments 13+ and apply to the new iUP as long as you order the new device in a specified timeframe.

Bizzle79

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 1, 2011
New England

Yeah i think this might work as well

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.