Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dockland

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 26, 2021
Sweden
Hi everyone.

In the middle of a project where I'd like to import my jpeg copies (all of them, approx 200K of them) into Apple Photos, to have all the edited ready to show/share or what ever.
I have images all over the place on different drives, backups, external drives and my Canon RAW files is all mixed up with the edited and finished once.
I'd like to hav all my jpegs and only them imported somehow into Apple photos. And I really can't find any way (other than doing it manually and that vill latterly take years.
I like the function to have the duplicate review (a lot of then already are in my Apple photos), but I don't really know how to achieve this.
Smart Folder is a thing, but its not as narrow in the filters unfortunately.

Example. I consolidate all my folders for import, but I can't exclude the RAW-files at all.
Is there a way in MAC OS or am I just a bit lost here?

Slartibart

macrumors 68030
Aug 19, 2020
use Spotlight to find all JPEGs (in a folder, on a drive, global) and drag them from the results window into Photos/on the Photos icon. Do the duplicate review in Photos.

Or use Applescript, which is probably more elegant. 🤓

Reactions: Dockland

Dockland

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 26, 2021
Sweden
use Spotlight to find all JPEGs (in a folder, on a drive, global) and drag them from the results window into Photos/on the Photos icon. Do the duplicate review in Photos.

Or use Applescript, which is probably more elegant. 🤓
Thank you. Currently converting all my RAW images to JPEG via Lightroom

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.