Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

justperry

macrumors G5
Original poster
Aug 10, 2007
I'm a rolling stone.
I have this App called ASR Vitality (NL), it's a supporting app for getting a free tracker, like the Apple watch, and/or earn points to get cash or other items by doing workouts.

Thing is, it crashes soon after opening, had this app for about a year, different versions, it mostly worked, it crashed before but it started working afterwards.

I saw this pop-up (see in screenshot) before and then crashes but it was temporary, not now, it shows the pop-up and crashes.
Has anyone seen this behaviour before?
I am on iOS 15.3, the dev one, don't actually think it's iOS, it worked before.
I say it crashes, but more likely shuts down for security reasons, anyone seen the pop-up?

Cheers Perry

IMG_4303.PNG

Puonti

macrumors 68000
Mar 14, 2011
This is just a guess based on a quick search on the web, but that error message might be coming from Xamarin, which is used to build cross-platform mobile apps. Documentation suggests that it's triggered by a security feature that looks for signs of the device being rooted, and prevents the app from running if it thinks that's the case. If this error did not appear before you upgraded to a dev build of iOS 15, then it's possible the error is being triggered by a software incompatibility.

Apparently the error will not go away even if the device is unrooted. It's sufficient that it has been rooted at some point:

Reactions: SigEp265

justperry

macrumors G5
Original poster
Aug 10, 2007
I'm a rolling stone.
This is just a guess based on a quick search on the web, but that error message might be coming from Xamarin, which is used to build cross-platform mobile apps. Documentation suggests that it's triggered by a security feature that looks for signs of the device being rooted, and prevents the app from running if it thinks that's the case. If this error did not appear before you upgraded to a dev build of iOS 15, then it's possible the error is being triggered by a software incompatibility.

Apparently the error will not go away even if the device is unrooted. It's sufficient that it has been rooted at some point:

Hey, thanks for your input, that makes totally sense.

AFAIK I did root my iPhone a year or so ago, back then I had some apps refuse to play nice, especially banking apps.

What I think is odd, it worked the day before yesterday, iOS nor the App had an update in the last week.

justperry

macrumors G5
Original poster
Aug 10, 2007
I'm a rolling stone.
Solved

What a chore though, had to restore my phone, a 256 GB XS, took hours.

What is t 100% is WIFI, it's on but it doesn't show the icon, huh.

Had that sometimes before, it's a long standing bug.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.