Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

imlynxy

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 8, 2012
On new ios 8.2 If I go to settings->about and tap on carier it changes to "IMS status": SMS . What is it?

ChrisN718

macrumors 6502
Jan 8, 2013
Flushing, NY
Not sure what it is but I also noticed that on my iPhone after updating to 8.2. I'm on AT&T.

Wonder if it has anything to do with that "Your SIM sent a text message" pop up.

imlynxy

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 8, 2012
I had the same message and I also on att. I know before to activate imessages iphone sent hidden sms. I swap my sim to one of european provider and was charged for yhis hiddent sms.

CEmajr

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
Charlotte, NC
IP Multimedia Subsystems. It's an architecture framework used for delivering IP/voIP/Multimedia data/information to mobile users

It's been there since iOS 8.0. It isn't new. Basically it allows the iPhone 6/6 Plus to use VoLTE.

Reactions: tennisproha

CrzyP

macrumors 6502
Mar 14, 2012
IMS status, what is it?

IMS status has been there since iOS 8.0. It's used to check the status of IMS Wi-Fi calling and VoLTE features that only some carriers currently support. It will show whether you have Voice & SMS services running through IMS Wi-Fi calling or VoLTE.

Last edited:
Reactions: tennisproha

Reno1975

macrumors newbie
Mar 1, 2017
IP Multimedia Subsystems. It's an architecture framework used for delivering IP/voIP/Multimedia data/information to mobile users

It's been there since iOS 8.0. It isn't new. Basically it allows the iPhone 6/6 Plus to use VoLTE.

Maybe you can answer this... I bought a used iphone 6, on cellular data I can send texts... mms.... but no browser. Keeps telling me "cannot activate cellular data network" any ideas how to fix this issue? I'm not always in range of WiFi son need my data working. On wifi.... it works perfectly.

chrfr

macrumors G5
Jul 11, 2009
Maybe you can answer this... I bought a used iphone 6, on cellular data I can send texts... mms.... but no browser. Keeps telling me "cannot activate cellular data network" any ideas how to fix this issue? I'm not always in range of WiFi son need my data working. On wifi.... it works perfectly.
Do you have a data plan on your cellular service? If you do, be sure that "cellular data" is turned on in the "Cellular" section of settings. If you do have a data plan and cellular data is enabled you should start by contacting your cell provider to be sure everything is set for your phone on the account.
Also, since your post has nothing to do with the topic here, it's bad practice to add a post to another old thread. It reduces visibility of your question since your problem likely has nothing to do with the subject of this thread, so people may not look.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.