Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

srbNYC

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 7, 2020
New York, NY
I've chosen a destination on Maps on my MacBook. Under the three dots, when I select "Send to Device," both my mobile devices are listed there, but they're grayed out and unselectable. I wonder it's a setting of some sort, but can't figure what or where. All three devices are currently on my WiFi network, although that shouldn't matter.

PS: I'm on Monterey beta on my MBA, and 15.0 beta on my iPhone and iPad, but that shouldn't matter here either, I think.

Blowback

macrumors 65816
Jan 10, 2018
VA
Updated os on devices, still happening. Anyone finding the same bug/issue?
Same here. Latest BigS OS. Could it be because the devices are already connected? Safari Pages/Maps auto appear in the Dock of the other device (using my iPad this is the case). ? Bug?

Blowback

macrumors 65816
Jan 10, 2018
VA
Updated os on devices, still happening. Anyone finding the same bug/issue?
Just noticed that when you 'create' a route they are not greyed out in the top task bar. Only when in the mini-window.

Yonidass

macrumors newbie
Apr 8, 2010
I just discovered this problem on Big Sur, but there is a workaround (without creating a route).

If you see the popup info (first photo below), then the "Send to Device" menu is grayed out.

But if you close that popup window (click anywhere on the map), then you can right-click directly on the location, such as Apple Headquarters (second photo), and you will get all the Send-to-Device options.

Doesn't make any sense as to why it's not there in the popup window, but this way works for me.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-09-17 at 4.50.37 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-09-17 at 4.50.37 PM.png
    642.1 KB · Views: 135
  • Screen Shot 2021-09-17 at 4.50.53 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-09-17 at 4.50.53 PM.png
    239.6 KB · Views: 114
Last edited:
Reactions: srbNYC

whiteydoodat

macrumors newbie
Oct 1, 2021
I just discovered this problem on Big Sur, but there is a workaround (without creating a route).

If you see the popup info (first photo below), then the "Send to Device" menu is grayed out.

But if you close that popup window (click anywhere on the map), then you can right-click directly on the location, such as Apple Headquarters (second photo), and you will get all the Send-to-Device options.

Doesn't make any sense as to why it's not there in the popup window, but this way works for me.
Was wondering the same thing. I am updating my iphone to iOS 15.0.1. Let's see if that works.

Reactions: srbNYC
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.