Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SkiHound2

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 15, 2018
No doubt, noise canceling is a great feature in many situations. But I feel like transparency mode is somewhat under appreciated. I find transparency mode to be an almost essential feature for my uses. Before getting a set of airpods pros I would often just not wear any kind of ear phones or buds because I needed to be aware of what was going on in my environment. Great feature, IMO.

• Love
Reactions: sfrangu

sfrangu

macrumors regular
May 13, 2021
No doubt, noise canceling is a great feature in many situations. But I feel like transparency mode is somewhat under appreciated. I find transparency mode to be an almost essential feature for my uses. Before getting a set of airpods pros I would often just not wear any kind of ear phones or buds because I needed to be aware of what was going on in my environment. Great feature, IMO.
It's enhancing a voice that's nearby from the surrounding noises. Without the Airpods in the ear, they all sound the same. I think transparency is a great feature, indeed.

JSteele

macrumors regular
Mar 19, 2021
The feature on my Airpods Max is amazing at work. People can knock on the door and have a full conversation and I don't need to take off the headphones. A quick pass by 'hey' and similar short voice based interactions also work easy :D

Reactions: sfrangu
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.