Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jwire4

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 1, 2010
Hey everyone,
I typically get my new iPhone delivered every year, but I’m looking to pickup in store this year instead. What is the process like if I pre-order on the IUP? Specifically, do I need be the primary on the wireless account to pickup the phone or activate it? The phone and the IUP loan are under my name, but I am on a cellular plan through work, so I’m not the primary on the wireless account and won’t have access to the SSN for the account when I go to pick it up. Will I need any of this for pickup or can I just grab the phone, trade in the old one, and go?

Thanks!

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
Hey everyone,
I typically get my new iPhone delivered every year, but I’m looking to pickup in store this year instead. What is the process like if I pre-order on the IUP? Specifically, do I need be the primary on the wireless account to pickup the phone or activate it? The phone and the IUP loan are under my name, but I am on a cellular plan through work, so I’m not the primary on the wireless account and won’t have access to the SSN for the account when I go to pick it up. Will I need any of this for pickup or can I just grab the phone, trade in the old one, and go?

Thanks!
If you are not the primary account holder, as long as the authorized user is listed should be fine to pick up the phone. If I'm not mistaken, I'd have that SSN for that primary account holder just in case.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.