Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mylios101

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 16, 2008
So I was down in Florida for vacation and met this guy that works for Apple that told me that Apple had been working on a Tablet for 4 years before it's launch yesterday. He also told me that he had to sign a contract that could fine him up to $10 million if he disclosed any information before any unofficial announcements. They prevent this by breaking up the research across the United States so no two employees know what the final product is.

Thought you'd like to know that

ubercool

macrumors 65816
Jan 31, 2008
Las Vegas
So I was down in Florida for vacation and met this guy that works for Apple that told me that Apple had been working on a Tablet for 4 years before it's launch yesterday. He also told me that he had to sign a contract that could fine him up to $10 million if he disclosed any information before any unofficial announcements. They prevent this by breaking up the research across the United States so no two employees know what the final product is.

Thought you'd like to know that

And in those four years, Apple didn't use an iota of user feedback from the iPhone to fortify this launch. Sad. :(

Jaro65

macrumors 68040
Mar 27, 2009
Seattle, WA
And in those four years, Apple didn't use an iota of user feedback from the iPhone to fortify this launch. Sad. :(

You have to be referring to the lack of camera and multitasking, right? I have very little doubt we'll eventually get there.

lionheartednyhc

macrumors 65816
Jul 13, 2009
I think everything was developed 10 years ago. They were just waiting to release it.

Steve: "Ok, here is the original iphone and the ipod touch, and the ipod touch XL. First lets release the iphone and ipod, and get them used to a crippled OS. Once that is done, we can unleash the ipod touch XL and rule the world *creepy laugh*"

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.