Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

halexl

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 2, 2016
Hello guys, I've the following problem: A customer handed me an iPad 2 (belonging to her son) blocked (inactive), she said that her son changed the password and forgot (he is a child, apparently), when I asked about the iCloud account, she said she does not know what it is. The iPad is running iOS 6.1.3, I've tried to reset via DFU with "iPad2,1_6.13_10B329_Restore.ipsw" file, but I always get the error 3194 (i've tried all possible changes to the 'hosts' file). And now? If I restore the iPad through the conventional way, it will upgrade to the latest version of iOS and iCloud will lock the device. Any suggestion?

halexl

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 2, 2016
Well, to tell you the truth, I also had my doubts. I'm trying to help her (she is almost an old lady, probably about 50-60). Unfortunately I can't prove my story (if there's a way, let me know), and if there's no solution, I was thinking that I could restore to the latest version of iOS and try to find the iCloud email, and with the email, I could try to get the password with the owner or try to recover, but I have no idea how to do this and knowing that the iPad is of her son, I seriously doubt that he has saved the password. Anyway, I would appreciate any help.

halexl

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 2, 2016
Problem solved! I just installed the new version 9.3.4. Apparently the device did not have iCloud.

Reactions: Gav2k
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.