Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Donka

macrumors 68030
Original poster
May 3, 2011
Scotland
For those with a new iPad Pro with USB-C connectivity and are looking for some added connectivity, this USB-C multiport hub may be something of a godsend.

This is a simple product in principle, a short USB-C cable to a compact Hub offering up 2 USB-C, HDMI, VGA, Gigabit Ethernet, SD/micro SD card reader and twin full size USB 3.0 A ports. I was initially disappointed that this wasn’t finished in aluminium but truth be told it feels very sturdy. It measures 123 x 70 x 14mm and weighs in at only 90g making this fine for both a permanent setup at home as well as on the go. The cable is 115mm long and fixed to the adapter but folds flat into on side for storage. The HDMI port supports 4K output @ 30Hz or 1080p @ 60Hz but I could only test with my 1440p monitor which worked flawlessly.

One USB-C port supports data while the other supports power delivery up to 100w meaning you can plug in the power adapter for the iPad Pro and keep it powered while using the hub for other activities.

I don't have use for all the ports but while connected over HDMI and Wifi, I could stream video content to my TV with no interference issues. I also used the SD card reader for importing RAW camera images and saw a transfer speed around 100Mb/s which is the maximum for my Sandisk Extreme Pro SD cards - great to see.

There is not much else to say. It is a small Hub that does its job well and is a great addition for anyone with a new iPad Pro or even a modern Macbook or Ultrabook. It isn't the cheapest hub around but I actually got this to replace a cheaper hub with less ports that was unable to deliver smooth video output without micro stutters. This one from Inateck performs perfectly in this regard. The only connection missing for me which would make this perfect would be a 3.5mm audio port.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07C6NBZG5

Attachments

• IMG_0333.jpeg
    IMG_0333.jpeg
    142.4 KB · Views: 258
  • IMG_0335.jpeg
    IMG_0335.jpeg
    191.7 KB · Views: 235

smoothisfast

macrumors member
Aug 15, 2007
For those with a new iPad Pro with USB-C connectivity and are looking for some added connectivity, this USB-C multiport hub may be something of a godsend.

This is a simple product in principle, a short USB-C cable to a compact Hub offering up 2 USB-C, HDMI, VGA, Gigabit Ethernet, SD/micro SD card reader and twin full size USB 3.0 A ports. I was initially disappointed that this wasn’t finished in aluminium but truth be told it feels very sturdy. It measures 123 x 70 x 14mm and weighs in at only 90g making this fine for both a permanent setup at home as well as on the go. The cable is 115mm long and fixed to the adapter but folds flat into on side for storage. The HDMI port supports 4K output @ 30Hz or 1080p @ 60Hz but I could only test with my 1440p monitor which worked flawlessly.

One USB-C port supports data while the other supports power delivery up to 100w meaning you can plug in the power adapter for the iPad Pro and keep it powered while using the hub for other activities.

I don't have use for all the ports but while connected over HDMI and Wifi, I could stream video content to my TV with no interference issues. I also used the SD card reader for importing RAW camera images and saw a transfer speed around 100Mb/s which is the maximum for my Sandisk Extreme Pro SD cards - great to see.

There is not much else to say. It is a small Hub that does its job well and is a great addition for anyone with a new iPad Pro or even a modern Macbook or Ultrabook. It isn't the cheapest hub around but I actually got this to replace a cheaper hub with less ports that was unable to deliver smooth video output without micro stutters. This one from Inateck performs perfectly in this regard. The only connection missing for me which would make this perfect would be a 3.5mm audio port.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07C6NBZG5

Does the USB-C data port allow you to sync your iPad with itunes?

Donka

macrumors 68030
Original poster
May 3, 2011
Scotland
No joy I’m afraid. My Mac doesn’t have usb-c ports but I did try with a usb-a to usb-c cable which works directly but not when connected via the hub. Not sure if a usb-c only cable would work or this simply isn’t supported in iOS at this time.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.