Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

UnseenLlama

macrumors 6502a
Jul 27, 2007
Indianapolis, IN
Was debating between this one and the Apple one this morning at the store. I'm going to take my Apple case back and get this one, even if a little bulky. The Apple case would have slit my wrist someday... :cool:

den4ps

macrumors newbie
Apr 7, 2010
i like the case but i have two major issues that I posted in an informal, but very detailed, review on my website:

http://jeffdenapoli.wordpress.com/2010/04/06/incase-convertible-book-jacket-for-ipad-review/

How are you guys getting the thing to stay propped up in the first position (the one closest to lying flat). When I rest it on the outermost lip, the thing just collapses on itself and it doesn't look like the case is damaged in any way. Not to mention that when it is at either of the other positions, the iPad slips out and the ports become covered up.

freitas

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 27, 2008
Ohio, USA
i like the case but i have two major issues that I posted in an informal, but very detailed, review on my website:

How are you guys getting the thing to stay propped up in the first position (the one closest to lying flat). When I rest it on the outermost lip, the thing just collapses on itself and it doesn't look like the case is damaged in any way. Not to mention that when it is at either of the other positions, the iPad slips out and the ports become covered up.

These are two flaws I have noticed two. I have to constantly reseat the ipad in the case because it shifts just enough to keep me from inserting the dock connector. As for the first point I have less of an issue, but from time to time it does slip loose from that first position.

fishmd

macrumors 68000
Jun 18, 2008
Sunny South Florida

http://jeffdenapoli.wordpress.com/2010/04/06/incase-convertible-book-jacket-for-ipad-review/

Very nice review man. It gave a lot of good information about the case in the different viewing angles. Now i think i am gonna have to avoid this case for now as those flaws you point out would be pretty big ones for me and how I would want to use it. :p

undrpsi

macrumors regular
Mar 28, 2010
Gastonia, NC
Incase vs. Apple

I got one of the original Incase holster/covers for my iPhone and it's still wrapped around my 2g iPhone. LOVED it and it was very well constructed. The rest of my family have iPhones and I think they have all had 3 or 4 cases due to breakage/wear and ergonomics. I have always been pro-incase. ;)

Having said that, the case 'looks' fat and I don't see how it can stay in the 'notches' while you're typing on it. :confused:

I like the Apple case from the looks only department. Mine's on back-order till 4-15 so I still have time. I should, if I had time, head over to my ACR Best Buy and check out the cases.

Any other's at Best Buy?

I LOL'd about the silicone picking up hair and lint...I was really thinking about that for the "grippy" effect...just didn't know it "gripped" that well :eek:

Thanks for input!

OBTW - Target had some paded 10" netbook envelope type bags on clearance...got one for $6. It works great to carry the iPad around. They also had Sony BT earphones for a little under $40 on sale. YMMV.

Jay

Sent from my Lenova Workstation (hahah)

Sounds Good

macrumors 68000
Jul 8, 2007
I was considering the Apple case for my mom's iPad, but now I've gotta give it some thought.

Can someone please outline the reasons why the InCase jacket is better than the Apple case... or vice-versa?

Thanks.

r0k

macrumors 68040
Mar 3, 2008
Detroit
I picked up the $39 Apple case on Saturday with my iPad. It really should have come with the iPad and perhaps in the future it will. I like the look and feel of some of these other cases. In particular, I would like a case that allows me to store a few papers that get handed out during class for example. I had to fold the 8.5x11 sheets in half and toss them in my iPad case and pay attention to make sure they didn't fall out as I walked to my car. This isn't such a big drawback and the Apple case adds very little bulk to the iPad so I'll stick with it for now.

@den4ps: Nice revew! (I had to turn off javascript to get your wordpress page to load in under 10 minutes. Not sure what the problem was.)

den4ps

macrumors newbie
Apr 7, 2010
@den4ps: Nice revew! (I had to turn off javascript to get your wordpress page to load in under 10 minutes. Not sure what the problem was.)

wordpress.com tends to have some delays at certain times during the day. sorry about that. i think the threaded commenting system that is built in is what kills it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.