Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

drew0020

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Nov 10, 2006
Does anyone know where I can order for Saturday delivery or purchase locally in theCharlotte, NC area? I tried my local Apple Store in Charlotte and of course they only have the slate and red colors.

The online Apple store does not offer Saturday delivery for some reason. Thanks in advance.

MACsimus19

macrumors member
Jun 18, 2007
hard to find...

I've been searching all over for it and finally picked one up at my local apple store (5th Ave NYC Cube).

When I called they said they had a ton in, by the time I got there...less than 20. They are pretty hot sellers.

I'd probably order from Apple online...might be your best bet.

drew0020

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Nov 10, 2006
I was hoping to get it for the weekend. I am banging this phone around and want to get this case. I hate the red and blue versions.

SteveM8

macrumors member
Jun 13, 2007
I have a black

I am returning mine as it started to stretch out and lose its shape after a few days. The silver of the Iphone is now exposed on the sides as teh rubber has bowed out. Im using the case mate black leather case they sell at AT&T now and love it. Also tried the incase leather stitched case but that was also a shoddy fit as the volume opening was off and it always pressed my volume button.

Incase, 2 out of 2 cases were bad.

opticalserenity

macrumors 6502a
Apr 14, 2007
I went to all three apple stores around here and they are sold out of the black so I got the slate one... not bad.

chiefillini

macrumors regular
Oct 28, 2006
Chicago, IL.
I am returning mine as it started to stretch out and lose its shape after a few days. The silver of the Iphone is now exposed on the sides as teh rubber has bowed out. Im using the case mate black leather case they sell at AT&T now and love it. Also tried the incase leather stitched case but that was also a shoddy fit as the volume opening was off and it always pressed my volume button.
Incase, 2 out of 2 cases were bad.

I also have had this case for about a week now and the top of the silver is starting to expose. I don't recommend taking this off once you put it on because it will stretch out on you.

skillz1318

macrumors regular
Mar 21, 2006
i went to apple to get the black one and they were sold out so i picked up the slate one...

i really like it now and since it is kinda the same color as the back of the iPhone anyway you don't really notice it

really protects it well too, i have yet to take it off so i can't comment on it stretching or not...mine is good after a week though

Rooskibar03

macrumors 65816
Feb 5, 2007
State of Denial
Local store must have just gotten a shipment. Tons of Black ones, I picked one up and I love it. Much better then Belkin I bought on launch day.

A bit worried about the person who says it was getting loose though.

4ndr3w

macrumors regular
Jun 29, 2007
Chicago
Don't know where you live, but the Oak Brook, IL Apple Store has about a billion yesterday, when I picked a black one up.

drew0020

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Nov 10, 2006
I ordered it online. Should be here tomorrow. I currently have the slate blue and it looks hideous.

jwa276

macrumors regular
Aug 7, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
Yeah mine is very loose after only a little over a week's use. Not to mention that when it started getting loose it started trapping debris (unbeknownst to me) and now my bezel is scratched. My girlfriend has this case too and hers is fine, but she keeps hers in her purse where there is no pocket-dust.

SteveM8

macrumors member
Jun 13, 2007
Stretching

These cases stretch and lose their shape at the sides after removing the case a few times. Bought a 2nd one and it has the same problem as the 1st. Sides stretch out and it loses its snug fit that makes it so nice.

joekix

macrumors 6502
what do you guys recommend? i currently have the belkin, but i don't like it because it leaves little scratches on the back. then i bought the incase but realised the rubber stretches out and lets debris in just like the belkin. what's a good case?

jsfried

macrumors newbie
Jul 9, 2007
Ann Arbor
I have the incase and it is going to be returned to the Apple store due to stretching. I would say wait for the iSkin Revo to come out. Which will hopefully be soon.

ndriver182

macrumors 6502a
Jun 26, 2007
I bought the Incase cover over the weekend and I think I'm going to return it as well. After only a couple of days I can see how it will loosen up and not fit as tightly. After sitting in my pocket all day warming up the rubber I could already see it loosing its shape a little. Now I don't know if I want to go case-less or what.

ecks618

macrumors 6502
Jun 1, 2006
NYC
I have the incase and it is going to be returned to the Apple store due to stretching. I would say wait for the iSkin Revo to come out. Which will hopefully be soon.

Im with you on that, I'm using the incase black leather folio case, its nice for the time being, but I'm really waiting for that iSkin Revo, looks greats.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.