Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bokchoy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 22, 2008
I want to see what others would suggest. I will be getting the white 3GS. I like the slider but I would prefer the matte backing, which the white one doesn't have. Which is why I like the grippy feeling I get from the Powersupport silicone jacket and how it comes with quality screen films. Will the silicone jacket stretch even if you don't take it on and off often?

I mainly want to minimize extra costs, especially since on top of paying for the phone, CA charges tax on the unsubsidized cost of the phone, and not the 199 cost of the 16GB 3GS.

mikey28

macrumors 6502
Aug 6, 2008
I want to see what others would suggest. I will be getting the white 3GS. I like the slider but I would prefer the matte backing, which the white one doesn't have. Which is why I like the grippy feeling I get from the Powersupport silicone jacket and how it comes with quality screen films. Will the silicone jacket stretch even if you don't take it on and off often?

I mainly want to minimize extra costs, especially since on top of paying for the phone, CA charges tax on the unsubsidized cost of the phone, and not the 199 cost of the 16GB 3GS.

Yes, the silicone stretches. It just does. Also what I didn't like was that it was a LINT magnet.

So I ended up with a hardshell slider. LOVE IT.

bokchoy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 22, 2008
Thanks for the reply. I guess I just need to mainly decide on what color for the slider, since I am unsure how I feel about the glossy white instead of a matte.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.