Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chigurh6545

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 29, 2009
I bought the slider for my 3G iPhone about a month ago. I love the case, but I feel like I'm going to break the phone with the amount of force it takes to get the phone out of the case for cleaning.

So, I went to the inCase web site and filled out a claim. I was sent an RMA# and in a separate email I received a notice they were shipping me a new slider. The new slider came today. It fits just as tight as the old one. So I'm just resigned to keeping this case and accepting the fact that it will fit very tightly.

My question is: Do I really need to send the old slider back to inCase? It will cost me shipping (and the inCase threat of a 30% restocking fee if it is not found to be defective ... even though they don't have my credit card #). Another thought would be to take one of the sliders back to Apple and get a different color. I know this is unethical, but I have seen many people say inCase just sent them a new slider w/o requiring the RMA.

Ferris23

macrumors 68020
Sep 24, 2007
Incase sent me about 3 or 4 cases a while back during RMA issues. Keep it, sell it, it probably cost them less than 1 dollar to make.

Odd I have a black incase slider and it's semi loose on my phone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.